Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sally Hansen Salon Effects

I got the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Strips in Frock Star in my Spring Beauty VoxBox from Influenster.  I have to say, I think the formulation got better since I got my first box of these when they first came out.  Although I still wouldnt use them for a full Mani.  I did however use this style on one nail on each hand as an accent.  I would have been more happy if I had gotten the new Plaid pattern, or the I Love Lacy, Love Letter, or All Laced Up pattern.  I found that these are difficult to apply and that you need a TON of patience,  Also I found that they still dont last the full ten days as advertised all over the packaging for these.  the price ranges in different stores from 8.50USD - 9.99USD which I think is a lot considering I can get fantastic nail polishes for much cheaper.  These are good for a touch of flair however and will continue to use them.

TIPS

1. IF YOU HAVE SHORTER NAILS, I SUGGEST CUTTING THEM IN HALF, SO THAT YOU DONT WASTE A LOT OF PRODUCT AND THEY LAST LONGER

2.  DONT KEEP THEM OPEN FOR TOO LONG - THEY WILL DRY OUT

3. SEAL THEM WITH A TOP COAT

4.  IF YOU HAVE A PROFESSIONAL JOB, DO TRY TO FIND A PATTERN OR STYLE THAT CAN BE WORN IN AN OFFICE SETTING, AS MOST OF THE STYLES ARE ON THE TEENY-BOPPER SIDE.

5. STORE THE REMAINDER IN A SECURE AIR TIGHT BAGGIE AFTER THEYRE OPEN - STORE THEM IN A SMALL ZIP LOCK BAG SO THEY WON'T DRY OUT AS QUICKLY

6.  IF YOU HAVE LONGER NAILS, BEFORE APPLYING THEM AND STRETCHING THEM TO FIT YOUR FINGER, WARM THEM UP IN THE PALMS OF YOUR HANDS SO THEY MOLD EASIER AND QUICKER TO YOUR NAILS, WITHOUT THEM CRACKING OR WARPING HEAVILY,

7. WIPE YOUR NAILS WITH NAIL POLISH REMOVER TO REMOVE ANY OILS THAT NATURALLY OCCUR ON YOUR HANDS, ALLOWING THE STRIPS TO STICK BETTER!


Love and Self Manicures,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment